The Beautiful Music All Around Us
Connects creativity, community, and resourcefulness
- Examines how creativity and community go hand in hand.
- Sheds light on informal tradition, custom, and wisdom that becomes, in Kenneth Burke’s telling phrase, “equipment for living.”
- Explores the resourcefulness of individuals, who, like the spiritual, “make a way out of no way.”
Unites us in our humanity
- Tells the stories of these performers who, like artists anywhere, give personal testimonials through their art.
- Looks at fundamental questions of unity and diversity in American society and how we build upon common experience.
- Illustrates how American lives interconnect across cultural divides.
Celebrates music that extends from one generation to the next
- Reveals how music transfers over time and region to be recreated in new forms and styles.
- Demonstrates that art is wherever you find it.
- Illuminates how these exceptional performers speak to the promise of American life.